Intensive Care Units (ICUs) are intimidating places to visit. The aim of these pages is to provide information on a range of issues and questions often asked by ICU visitors.
- This page provides answers to a range of questions often asked by intensive care visitors.
- This page lists a range of questions you may find helpful to ask of the intensive care staff caring for your relative or friend. There is also a list of vital questions you may need to ask of yourself as you deal with this difficult time.
If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, the links below may help.
- This is an Australian site which provides a range of medical information and uses a simple search engine.
- This site is provided by the Society of Critical Care Medicine, based in the United States. It provides an extensive array of information which may help you to understand more.
- written by doctors and includes medical and scientific items, abbreviations, acronyms, jargon, institutions, projects, symptoms, syndromes, eponyms and medical history.
- This site provides an extensive range of information which can be found using a simple search facility.
- This European site provides medical information in a range of european languages.
Last Updated on Thursday, 31 May 2012 12:36